- What is the YBSG API Developer Portal?
- I'm a YBS Customer, can I use this site to access my accounts?
- How do I access the YBS APIs?
- How can I find out about changes to the API specs?
- Do the APIs support the different YBS brands?
- Does access to account information and making payments require a separate registration per brand?
- Which YBSG Brands are available to PSD2?
- What do I need to do in regards to data protection?
- What advice is available for cyber security?
- How long do payments made via API take to process?
- When can I make online payments?
The YBSG API Developer Portal is where developers can learn about APIs for YBS services and customers. Third Party Providers (TPPs) will need to be authorised by the FCA and registered with Open Banking before they access the Open Banking APIs. Follow our Getting Started Guide to learn more.
Yes, when you make an API call you will need to specify which brand the account is from.
When building services for YBSG customers you should provide the capability to select either the YBS or Chelsea brand before initiating the authorisation for account access.
Currently YBS and Chelsea accounts are available access via API.
No, a single registration at YBSG (Group level) will allow access to YBS and Chelsea Building Society customer information.
Payment Accounts from the Yorkshire Building Society (YBS) and Chelsea Building Society (CBS) are accessible via APIs in accordance with PSD2 regulation. Non-payment accounts in those brands, as well as mortgage account information, are not available at this time.
From the 25th May 2018 you will need to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The data you access and the nature of your business will dictate what you need to do to ensure the safety of customer’s data, unfortunately YBS cannot advise you on the specifics of your business.
For more details on data protection in the EU refer to the European Commission’s advice on data protection or for UK specific advice, refer to the ICO.
In-line with payments made on the YBS and Chelsea websites, payments to another person or merchant will normally reach the destination by the end of the following day.
YBSG’s online banking service is available 23 hours a day – unavailable 03:00 – 04:00.